You might be thinking that you do not need to know about personal branding. Trust me, you need to know…
Your personal brand is your reputation. It’s your legacy. It tells people what they can expect from you. If I asked five people who know you what they think you’re good at or what they think makes you unique, what would they say? Would they give you the same answer that you might say about yourself?
Personal branding puts the intention and the focus in your reputation and ensures that other people see you the way you want.
What you need to know
As a professional or business owner these are 5 things you need to know about personal branding:
- Being intentional and focusing on building your personal brand gives you CONTROL and does not leave things to chance. Control means choice, it means the right options for you.
- Creating a professional goal, gives you clarity and opens your eyes to the RIGHT opportunities. Have you ever bought a car? Before buying that car you never paid much attention to the brand and make of your car. All of a sudden, you notice every car that looks like yours. The same principle applies when you have a clear professional goal, you begin to see opportunities that align with it.
- We all want things that add value to our lives. Personal Branding is about the VALUE you bring. What differentiates people enjoying professional success and those not, is their ability to articulate their value. You could be the best at what you do, but if you do not know how to communicate that, very few people, if anyone, will know you are the best.
- You can remain TRUE to yourself even if you are intentional about building your personal brand.
- It’s not too late to start being intentional about building your personal brand.
Get coaching to build and improve your personal brand
I am EXCITED to announce my new 6 weeks group coaching on Personal Branding starting 23 May. At the end of the coaching circle you will be well positioned to take full control of your career and maximise the opportunities that align with your professional goal.
The group coaching is for you if you answer yes to any of these:
- Are you competent at your work, but lack the confidence to promote yourself?
- You have not paid much attention to building your personal brand?
- Do you want to effectively communicate and articulate your value?
- Are you applying for jobs, but struggling to get interviews?
- Are you ready for a promotion or to take on bigger projects at work?
- You have a business but do not know how to explain to people what you offer?